130 grams fiddleheads
312 grams ling cod
15 grams horseradish
210 grams riced baked potato
2 cups of flour
4 cups of panko
½ of an avocado
1 stalk celery
½ bunch of chives
Extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch of dill
Salt and pepper
1 lt of spring water
1 large egg yolk
1 tsp Dijon mustard
200 ml bacon fat
6 strips of bacon.
· In food processor combine poached fiddleheads, cod, 10 grams of grated fresh horseradish, zest of 2 lemons, and the riced potato. Blend until it reaches uniform paste. Season to taste.
· Form paste into 1.5 oz balls with your hands. And place on a baking tray.
· In three mixing bowls, have one for each, place eggs, flour and panko.
· Dredge balls in flour, then bread with egg wash and finally panko. Line on baking sheet.
· Have a deep fryer set at 350 degrees F.
· Fry fish balls until golden brown and cooked throughout. Lightly season.
For Dill Gel:
· Bring 1 lt of spring water to a simmer whisk in 8 grams of agar agar. Until fully dissolved. Set aside in heat proof container and place in fridge. Let set.
· Bring another pot of water to boil and blanch 40 grams of fiddle head and 1 bunch of dill. Refresh in ice bath.
· Break down with a knife the dill and fiddle heads and place into a high speed blender.
· Break apart agar and blend into dill puree. Adding water to reach desired consistency.
· Season to taste
· In mixing bowl whisk your egg and mustard.
· Slowly start to incorporate your fat and oil alternately.
· Whisk the entire time until a mayo consistency is reached. If too runny add more oil.
· Season to taste.
· Fold in bacon bits
· Finely chop chive
· Brunoise shallot
· Cut avocado into medium dice chunks
· Mix in bowl with extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon
· Season with salt and pepper
· Finish with chive