10 Yukon gold potatoes
1.5 Cups chopped fiddleheads
1.5 Cups of flour
1/2 cup of salt
1/4 Olive oil
1/2 cup of butter
- Peel and large dice the potatoes and place a 1/2 cup of salt in water covering the potatoes.
- When potatoes are fork tender strain and dry for 10 minutes.
- Pass through a ricer.
- On a wooden cutting board place potatoes, make a little hole in and place eggs, flour and fiddleheads. Mix well and add some flour if is not the right dough consistency.
- Have a boiling pot of water with the rest of the salt in it ready for blanching the gnocchi. Cut into half inch pieces and place in boiling water, cook until floating and remove and place and oiled baking sheet.
- When going to plate in 3 large saute pans add butter evenly between them saute the gnocchi till golden brown.